When your organisation endorses the Charter of Rights for Children and Young People in Care, you are agreeing to support and promote the rights set out in the Charter and provide Charter-related resources to your staff to share with the children and young people they work with.
If your organisation is an agency which operates children’s residential facilities, foster care or kinship care services, and is licensed by the Department for Child Protection, your licensing application will require you to endorse the Charter and maintain your endorsement.
As part of the endorsement, your organisation will need to nominate a Charter Champion for each of the sites where children and young people in care live or visit. All Charter Champions must complete and sign the Charter Champion Agreement.
If your organisation has more than five sites, please nominate at least one Charter Champion for your head office, and also provide us with a contact list of each of your sites, and we’ll liaise with them directly about nominating a Charter Champion for their site.
Your application of endorsement will need to include the following:
- a letter of endorsement, confirming your organisation’s commitment to the Charter (we have created a template for your reference)
- the URL of your organisation’s webpage that refers to the Charter of Rights
- JPG/PNG file of your organisation’s logo to include on our website as part of our list of endorsing organisations
- completed Charter Champion Agreements for each nominated Charter Champion; and/or
- a spreadsheet listing each site and a contact person’s name, phone number and email so that we can liaise with them directly to recruit Charter Champions.
We have a created an Endorsement of the charter – steps factsheet for your reference.