Our office provides feedback and advice on issues that affect children and young people in care and detention.
Read our submissions below.
- A rights-based approach to safety – Five-Year Review of the Children and Young People (Safety) Act 2017 – November 2022
- Guidelines on the Legal Representation of Children in the Youth Court (Care and Protection) Jurisdiction – May 2022
- Training Centre Visitor Comments on the 2021 Draft OPCAT Implementation Bill – June 2021
- Feedback on the Draft Model of Care for Phase 1 of Youth Treatment Orders – December 2020
- Submission for the review of the Children and Young People (Safety) Act 2017 – October 2020 – October 2020
- Feedback on the Safeguarding Task Force Report – September 2020
- Submission for SAPOL’s Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2020-2024 – June 2020
- Promoting and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people during and after the COVID19 pandemic (ANZCCG letter to the Federal Minister for Health) – June 2020
- Submission to the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability– April 2020
- Feedback on the Criminal Law Consolidation (Throwing Objects at Vehicles) Amendment Bill 2020 – April 2020
- Feedback on the draft Education and Children’s Services Regulations 2020 – April 2020
- Council of Attorneys-General – Age of Criminal Responsibility Working Group review – February 2020