Has your organisation endorsed the new Charter of Rights for Children and Young People in Care? If not, please note your endorsement of the previous Charter is no longer valid and you will need to re-apply. This also means your organisation’s Charter Champions will be temporarily unable to access our resources until your endorsement has been approved.
By endorsing the Charter of Rights for Children and Young People in Care, your organisation agrees to support and promote the rights set out in the Charter and provide Charter-related resources to your staff and the children and young people in care who you work with.
Why should you endorse the Charter?
Endorsing the Charter,
- shows your organisation’s support for, and commitment to, the rights of children and young people in care
- gives your staff free access to our Charter resources
- provides your organisation’s nominated Charter Champions with free information, advice, practical support and resources, as well as invitations to workshops or events about rights-related matters.
If your organisation is an agency which operates children’s residential facilities, foster care or kinship care services, and is licensed by the Department for Child Protection, you will need to have endorsed the Charter as part of your licensing application.
How do I endorse the Charter?
There are several things you will need to do before applying to endorse the Charter. These include:
- ensuring your organisation’s policies, procedures and practices adhere to the principles of the Charter
- ensuring your organisation includes a unit or activity on the Charter in your induction process
- ensuring your organisation includes a reference to the Charter in your staff and volunteer handbooks or operation manuals
- promoting the Charter through your website.
Please check out all the details on how to endorse the Charter on our Endorsing the Charter of Rights page.
If you have already submitted an application to endorse the Charter, we will be in contact with you soon.
For more information, call us on 8226 8570 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.