The Office of the Guardian for Children and Young People (OGCYP) acts within the South Australian Government’s framework of respecting the privacy of website users.
This statement sets out this site’s policies relating to the privacy and security of your personal information and security of your other information.
This site is operated in compliance with the Government of South Australia’s information privacy principles (IPPs), a copy of which can be obtained on the State Records website.
This site collects the following information from users:
- User’s server address
- Date and time of the visit to the site
- Pages accessed and documents downloaded
- Search words used
- Previous site visited
- Type of browser used
This information is collected to determine the site’s usage statistics and not identify individual users or their browsing activities.
Your personal information will not be disclosed to a third party except in accordance with the IPPs. Site administrators are required to protect and handle your personal information in accordance with the IPPs.
This site is responsible for the privacy and security of information while it is stored on or passing through this site. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect our service provider’s logs.
This site retains the name, phone number, email address, and message of people who use the ‘Contact us’ form so that we can send a response.
This site retains the name, email address, phone number, organisation’s name and business unit (if applicable), and street address of people who use the ‘Order your materials’ form so that we can send your order.
These details will not be used for any other purpose, nor disclosed without your consent.
Embedded third-party content
Pages on this site includes embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). When a user clicks on a link to another website, they leave this site and this privacy and security statement no longer applies.
The Office of the Guardian for Children and Young People (OGCYP) Twitter account is managed by our Communications Team to deliver news and information relating to OGCYP.
Campaign Monitor and privacy consent
Our office will only use this information to:
- create, send and manage emails relating to the work of our department
- measure email campaign performance
- improve the features for specific segments of customers
- evaluate your use of our website
- compile reports on website activity for website operators, and
- provide other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Campaign Monitor may transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Campaign Monitor’s behalf. Campaign Monitor collects information about when you visit the website, when you use the services, your browser type and version, your operating system, and other similar information.
Campaign Monitor is based in the United States of America (USA) and the information collected about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Campaign Monitor on servers located outside Australia. We are required to inform you that by subscribing to our weekly blog:
- You understand and acknowledge that this service utilises Campaign Monitor, which is located in the United States of America (USA) and relevant legislation of the USA will apply.
- Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 contained in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act will not apply.
- You understand and acknowledge that Campaign Monitor is not subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) but will need to seek redress under the laws of the USA.
You can opt out of our mailing list if you choose the ‘unsubscribe’ service provided by Campaign Monitor in every email.
The content of this privacy and security statement may be updated from time to time, so we suggest that if you return to this site on a regular basis that you carefully read the information provided.